InsideOut Winter Retreat isn’t just for skiers and boarders. It is a retreat for all high schoolers to get away and spend some time growing closer to Christ and to friends.
Worship and teaching sessions will be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Saturday and Sunday will be filled with activities, either on the slopes or at various locations.
Location and Transportation
Students will be riding in 15 passenger vans driven by church staff or student ministry leaders.
Departure: Friday, February 17 at 6:45 am
Return: Monday, February 20 at approximately 7:00 pm. Your student will call you with an updated time by 5:30 pm.
Hotel: YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch || 1101 county Road 53, Granby, CO 80446
Emergency phone numbers:
Dan McClannan, Student Ministry Pastor (402) 210-8423
Westside Church (402) 496-7833
Payment may be made by cash, checks (made out to Westside Church) or credit card. Cash or checks may be submitted to Cynthia Ray in the Westside Church Student Ministry Office. Credit card payments may be made through the link below.
Tiered pricing is offered depending on what activities you would like to do. Skiing or boarding and rentals (including helmets) are included in the price. Students who select the “retreat only” option will have more time to spend at the YMCA and will go tubing and shopping. A $100 non-refundable deposit is due by January 29.
- $275 Retreat Only
- $325 Retreat + one day of skiing or boarding
- $400 Retreat + two days of skiing or boarding.
Even if you register online, we will need a signed waiver. Everyone needs a signed copy of the Westside waiver. Anyone taking lessons needs a Winter Park waiver. Both waivers are available below.
What to Bring
Please note that if you would like to bring your own skiing or boarding equipment, it needs to be at the church no later than noon on Wednesday, February 15.
- Wear comfortable clothes for ride (It’s a long drive)
- Please do not bring really messy snacks for the van ride
- Pack a light bag/backpack for the van ride (it will be on your lap or under your seat)
- Medium sized bag/ for trailer
- Casual modest clothes for hanging around the hotel
- Modest Swimsuit
- Pajamas/Sleeping clothes
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, sunscreen, chap stick, shower stuff)
- Water Bottle
- Jacket/coat (nice to have a dry jacket/coat in the evenings)
- Extra pair of shoes
- Comfortable clothes for the bus ride back
- Sack Lunch or extra money for the van ride out to Boulder
- Cell-Phone (Please bring them)
Outdoor Gear for Skiing and Hiking
- Ski gear: Snow Pants, Gloves, Coat, Warm Socks, Hat, Long Johns, Face mask (Optional)
- Hiking – It is highly recommended to have waterproof boots
- Eyewear: Goggles or Sunglasses (Required for Skiing/Snowboarding)
- Lunch money - 5 lunches for Seniors going out early, 4 lunches for everyone else (recommended $15 per meal)
- Money for lockers ($1 bills or debit cards accepted)
- Money for snacks
- Shopping (at your discretion)
Do NOT Bring
- Bedding (Sleeping Bag, Blanket, Sheets, Pillow)
- More than one medium sized bag/suitcase and one back pack
- Students cannot use iPods without headphones
- Explicit music, R-Rated movies
- Messy or excessive amounts of snacks (no popcorn or 2L bottles)
- Tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs
- Knives or any other type of weapon